Tuesday, January 16, 2007

IM BACK HOPE U FEEL BETTER SOON POP

Ok so I know I have been somewhat neglecting the blog for a week but I have reasons, Damn good reasons. First off my dad is in the hospital with pneumonia. Last tuesday he started coughing and there was blood in it so we had to argue with him to go to the doctor he finally went on friday. It seems like once every year he gets it. Well he went to the doctor about a month ago and had an XRAY and the doctor called and said that he had it then and he told her he was not going back to the doctor that she could just call him something in at the pharamacy. So she did and he took all the medicine like a good boy. Well after we sat in the emergency room for 4 hours the doctor came in and told him that he was going to be admitted and that he was worried about his health because the Xray showed the black spot on his lungs was still there and that it could be a sign of LUNG CANCER.
Wow what a shocker I know that the doctor is a straight shooter so im taking this as something to worry about. Dad's regular doctor is snowed in somewhere up north and has not been able to see him yet. She is suppose to be back Wednesday to tell him if he needs to go have the Cat Scan done while hes in the hospital or on an outpatient basis. The thing about it is that Dad is on Oxygen 24/7 and the cat scan in our po dunk town is not big enough for him so we will have to travel an hour to get to another one.

To tell you the truth im a little shocked right now. Ive been going to the hospital to see him every day and I can tell hes scared to death. You just dont know how hard it is to see my rock, my pops, my best friend so scared and feeling so bad. My dad and I are so close. If I dont see him for a day or two hes calling me wanting to know what im mad about or whats wrong that man can read me like a book. Granted he has done a few messed up things in his life but hes still the greatest man ive ever known. He did his best to provide for his family and to made sacrafices to us. I have so many good memories from my childhood all because of him.

Hes been sick for about 5 years now. He hardly ever gets out of his bed much less the house. It brightens his day for his kids and grandkids to come see him. He always has something nice to say. This is to let you know that im praying for you pops and that everything will work out. Im going to close this now befor the water works start but Ill be back soon with another update.